Thursday, July 2, 2009

Museum Time!

I went to the National Museum of Korea this past Sunday with my new friend, Richard. It was the " Egypt-Oriental Collection" from Kunsthistorisches Museum of Austria. According to a website, "it covers 300 years of Egyptian civilization. Mummies and objects related to pharaohs, images of deities, amulets, makeup tools, hieroglyphic papyri, diverse tools and receptacles, as well as burial goods, will be on display."

So yeah, I saw a mummy. And the wrapping was off of it's nose, so I saw the shriveled up nose of a mummy. That's pretty cool in my book.

Well no pictures were allowed inside the exhibition, but Richard took some out side of the museum and exhibition area.

Laugh if you will at my "murse" or "man purse" but that's they way a modern sophisticated gentleman like myself or Richard rolls. Where else will you keep the following items: a map of Seoul, gum, a book for pleasure reading, a book for studying Korean, something to drink, an umbrella (acid rain over here, ya know), a cell phone, your iPod, some Tylenol (just in case), and a candy bar (also, just in case)? Your murse is where you'll carry these things.

Here are some pictures that either Richard or the lady from the museum took.










No comments:

Post a Comment