Monday, July 20, 2009

What Did You Do This Weekend

So I asked my students what they did over the weekend, and I got an answer from a student that you will never hear back in Farwell.

The student, one of my favorites was telling me that she saw her grandmother over the weekend and had some very yummy food. So I asked her what it was and she said something in Korean that I didn't understand. Then about half the class gasped and said, "DOG!!!" One of the better English speakers let me know that the food this girl had that was so delicious was, in fact, dog.

So to answer your question, yes some Koreans do eat dog. But when they want to eat dog, they eat dog. You don't get an unsuspecting chunk of dog meat with your rice. You get dog if you want it.

Cultural differences are weird aren't they? IF you're interested you can read more about this on wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment