Wednesday, September 2, 2009

삼겹살

Ahhh, Samgyeopsal (삼겹살). Imagine huge slices of bacon. But without the curing and salts and all that. Now Imagine a little portable grill on your table. A lady comes up and takes a chunk of pork fat to grease up the grill, puts some kimchi and potatoes on the grill and hands you a plate of pork belly meat.

Yup, you get to cook it. You also get a bunch of side dishes, and sauces for your meat. Oh, and you don't get a knife, you get some scissors and some tongs. For the uninitiated this can be a bit tricky. But don't worry, like most things with Korea, so long as you try a Korean will come save you and cut up your food for you.

Check out the sides in this photo, oh, and can you read korean? Even if you can't, I bet you can guess what kind of pop that is!








4 comments:

  1. 떡 삼겹살!!! ummmmm~~~ ㅋㅋㅋ

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I come to visit, take me there. That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To think, I remember when you ate dirt. 베이컨 케이크보다 Buccilli's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josh,

    I used to work with your Dad at MRS in Big Rapids, Mi. We've stayed in contact over the years. I asked him to check out my website and blog and he told me to check out yours!

    He's very proud of you and all your adventures. I'll be following your blog. Would you follow mine?

    We are world travelers also. We're going to Tanzania in November.

    Take care and stay in touch

    Jan Wiedmayer

    ReplyDelete